Thursday 15 July 2010

present news

I took a job in June which meant that I have been out of action blogwise for a month and I put a hold on any acting work and for a while curtailed any writing. By my own choice I am no longer in that position so life is slowly returning to normality for me. I'm back to looking for work but I have two things on the horizon so looking positive.

I have had some writing accepted and published regularly each Saturday in the Derby Evening Telegraph so that's been another achievement for my writing portfolio. I am going to try and get some more paid work with my writing and am not sure what I am doing regarding any acting auditions presently.



The other day I found a book called Screw Work. Let's Play. I am three quarters through it and finding it most inspiring.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry you finished at the cafe. Was it due to your health problems?

Now you're a free man again, perhaps we could do lunch sometime.

Unknown said...

Yes it was due to my hands and the work load and the fact that I didn't ever see myself getting the chance to learn more about the prep or cookery. They were too busy and short staffed.

I am not as free as you might imagine my friend as I do need a job and am starting a course with Tesco next week and intend to get a job in food with them in their new store in Beeston. It opens in November but the training will start earlier than that. I can be free Thursday and Friday so far.


email me at phillming@aol.com

Karenjane said...

Sorry to hear the job didn't work out as you had hoped. But the news of the Tesco course is great & hopefully will lead onto better things. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Karen: Thanks very much for the good wishes. I have a really good feeling about Tesco. I want to work in the deli/butchery/fish side of things.